You may reach Harriet at: 901-854-1104 or via email at email@example.com
Please include a night time phone number when leaving a message on the answering machine, to ensure a timely callback.
I monitor calls when up to my elbows in icing, so please leave a message.
9:00 - 4:00 M-F by appointment only.
Saturday by appointment only.
Pricing can be found on the flavors and fillings links.
Closed July 4th
Closed 4 days prior to T-giving. Closed during Xmas holidays.
Work contracted during these dates is subject to an additional fee of $300.
- Appointments necessary for wedding consultations and tastings.
- I work by contract only which can be viewed at the time of the consultation.
- All work is completed in a commercial kitchen as of May 1, 2007.
- All contracted cakes are freshly baked, never frozen. I do not overbook myself.
- Prices discussed at the consultation and placed in writing on your contractual quote, are good for 2 weeks from the time of the consultation. Check current Bridal Special Offers.
- If you would like to taste a Specialty cake flavor, please advise me in advance. Special request flavors not listed in your confirmation email but wanted at the tasting will cost $15 per flavor to cover my time in creating it for you. Flavors/Fillings
- 3 Wedding cake quotes on different designs, and 2 grooms cakes quotes will be given to you based on your budgetary needs. This is why it takes a little longer, as I will work with you to allow you to have a Harriet's Creations cake over someone else's cakes within reason and profitability.
- Consultations generally last between 30 minutes-1 hour and include Bridal and Grooms cakes discussions. We talk about lots of things, so please allow time for me to serve your needs fully by booking your other appointments to include this time frame. Having designs in mind to quote you will make the appointment time go more quickly.
- Your cake order is handled exclusively by Harriet from start to finish. 10 day advance notice on Novelty cakes
- During Wedding season, reserve your Novelty cake up to 1 month in advance.
- Wedding season begins in earnest in April - November.
- Weddings can be booked up to 1 year in advance to secure your date in my calendar, prices will be locked in and not raised after your deposit is made. Delivery fees, however, are subject to change.
- Photocopies of your wedding cake, which I either design or get from one of my books are not available to you until the cake is booked with me via payment. If you like, I can fax a copy to your florist for you upon receipt of your booking payment.
- Directions and an e-mail reminder are sent to you prior to your appointment.
- I accept all major credit cards, however, a convenience fee is added to your order based on a percentage of the charged amount.
- I accept checks as deposits on cakes and Stand Rentals. All cake orders must be paid in full 2 weeks in advance of the event date. Stand Rental Deposit checks (not for bank deposit) are due then.
- Cake Stand One-Day Rental fees will be added to the final payment amount. See contract for more information at the consultation.c
- Delivery and Set-up fees in Memphis - $60.00. East Memphis and Germantown area add $40.00 to the price of the cake. Subject to change without notice. At times, this fee is on a Bridal Special Offer. Free Delivery at some Collierville locations.
- Out of area, add .57 a mile round trip to the above pricing based on the destination plus a fee for the driver enroute roundtrip. Prices vary on the fee based on the time it takes to get there.
- I offer day of event, cake cutting services for a fee of $75 per 2 hours, per person. Normally, 2 people are required for a 2 hour time frame, making your charge $150.00. Or if you like you can provide me with a person to help out. My time begins at the time of the discussed reception time taking place, not your arrival at the reception, and does not include cleanup.
- Cost per serving will differ from the original cake price per slice depending on the final cake design.
- Some simple design work is included in the standard pricing in the form of simple dots, or simple scrollwork, and a list of other design elements, on the cake. Ask if you are not sure. Simplified Pricing Chart will show you what is included. As well check out the link to the
- Flavors/Fillings page. Click on pricing.
- Due to the numerous amount of no-shows for cake consultations
which I have prepared for in advance, I have instituted the following policy:
- Our first appointment is free, if you neglect the appointment without canceling or rescheduling, the second appointment can be made after paying a $25 fee in advance of the 2nd appointment. If the second appointment is neglected without notification, the $25 remains with Harriet's Creations as payment for my time preparing for you. If you choose to book with me at the second appointment, the $25 will apply to your balance. Without proper notifications to reschedule, there are no more than two appointments booked.
- I appreciate your understanding of this matter
and look forward to speaking with you.
- I have heard some say, I have so many rules, but honestly, I like my brides to be informed about our business transactions a bit before the initial meeting. I am a small incorporated business, and want my association with you to be professional, and meet your needs.
- I look forward to seeing you soon!
- Ask about my Designer Collection, original designs by Harriet's Creations, Inc! One may be right for you! Over 41 sketched designs created by me to choose from!
Book a consult now!
Please email me for dates available at:
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.